Thursday, January 14, 2010

Issue # 52- A Shattered Clasp

A Shattered Clasp
*~~~~*

“Ephra, I am growing weary of this treatment!” Mikel spits at her rigid back as they stumble up another blasted dune of scarlet sand. Her reply is as it had been for the past hour, a slim hand raised.

The guardian opens his mouth to bark at the female then closes it to work up some saliva to spit the grains of sand out that just blew in. Merciful dark ones he snarls inwardly after expectorating to the shifting red sand, what did the witchling WANT from him?! Did she not realize his concern for her spurred his actions?

“Ephra,” he grunts slipping in the moving grains as he climbs. Lifting his head he peeks through tangled strands at her tiny hand yet again coming over her tense shoulder. Anger pushes him to his ebony boots. He crests the dune and spins her around to face him as Gallo slides down the hill on his bottom.”I will NOT speak to your hand!”

Her brows knit and her arms fold tightly over her chest as she glares up at him.

“Guardian?” his tracker calls from the bottom.

“In a moment!” Mikel snaps not taking his silver eyes from her angry sapphire ones.”Ephra….”

She cocks a golden brow as the scorching winds pepper their faces with stinging red sand.

“Ephra, if you would allow me to speak I could perhaps…..”

“Guardian?” rises from below.

“In a damn moment!!” Rayvenwing roars to his left.” If I misspoke earlier it is merely due to my concerns about your safety in this hell realm. Why you took such umbrage I cannot phantom when it is clear my worry is based on……”

“GUARDIAN!!”

“I took umbrage because you ran me down Mikel!”

“Ran you down?” he inquires at a loss.

“You spoke about me like I was a child. I am NOT a child Mikel!” Ephra flings at him.

“I never meant to insinuate such witchling, it is just that compared to me you ARE a child. I have walked these realms for hundreds of years,” he says raising a large hand to push a strand of dancing gold hair from her face.” My breath would leave my body should harm come to you witchlet.”

“Oh Guar-di-an!!”

“IN A MOMENT!!” they both shout.

“Truly?”

“Truly Ephra,” Mikel replies sincerely, “I am most fond of you little witch.”

“Tell me I`m a woman and a strong witch who can bring home the bacon AND fry it up in the pan.”

One thick dark brow climbs at her statement.”I have not a clue what fried pork has to do with anything but if you wish to hear such. You are a woman and a strong witch who can bring home…”

“I think you should really take a look at this Rayvenwing!!!”

Mikel returns the witch`s smile then with a sigh turns to see what was so damned…..

“By the Echelon,” he mutters staring at the dark citadel on the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. I had a feeling his butt kissing session would get interrupted by something pressing!

    ReplyDelete