Thursday, January 28, 2010

Issue # 56- A Shattered Clasp

A Shattered Clasp

*~~~~*

Mikel stares blankly at his father.

“Oh come now Mikel. Do not stand there with your tongue in your mouth like some dullard humanoid, speak!”

“I truly do not know what my response should be father,” Mikel utters.” I had always known you found me lacking but to release forbidden creatures into the human realm to satisfy your need for, for what exactly? Retribution? Vengeance? Your thinking makes little sense to me.”

“Of course it doesn`t. You never did grasp the importance of social standing. You were always SO very much your mother`s son, she found little use for the rules of society that make us what we are as well. If not for our ways we would be nothing but a snarling bestial or worse, earth witches,” Morthas comments raking a disgusted glance over Gallo and Ephra.

“So you were not content to see me stripped of my powers and sent to guard gates for eternity, you had to make certain that I would be humiliated even further? You have either gone quite mad or are the poorest excuse for a parent I have ever seen. Perhaps both,” Mikel states, saddened and stunned to his very core.

“Call me mad if you will my boy, but is it asking too much to wish to see the offspring you had such hopes for taste the same fate as his sire? I would caution you not to raise that human weapon any further Mikel. I am far too powerful and well you know it boy.”

The Guardian levels the barrel at his father`s chest.” Release them,” Mikel barks tossing his head to indicate the two engulfed in a tight binding spell.” Let them leave this realm and you and I shall settle this like men, honorably, as our kind is decreed to do.”

“You know not how to behave as a man Mikel. You are not worthy of such a gesture of gallantry like a duel. What would you battle with? Your powers are gone due to your lust for slatterns and that meager thing you wave at me is not worthy of my mention.”

A wink of a silver eye rips the Glock from Mikel`s hands. It thuds into the red sand at Gallo`s feet. The Guardian drops his arms to his sides.”Then I offer myself in their stead.”

One high squeal squeezes from between the witches clamped lips.

“You wish for me to kill you?”

“Is that not what you want? To see me before you, spilling this blue blood you hold in such esteem,” Mikel queries, lowering his powerful body down to one knee.”Smite me now. End this eternal hatred we have for each other. Return to the shadow realm with pride, for is it not in our doctrines that the death of he who brings shame upon a house is admired above all else?”

Long raven hair covers the face of the male supplicating himself, head bowed with defeat.

“So shall it be son.”

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... I think somebody has something up their sleeve, but I'm not sure who or what...

    ReplyDelete