Sunday, February 7, 2010

Issue # 59- A Shattered Clasp

A Shattered Clasp

*~~~~*

“I should allow her to eat your ass. It would certainly spare me much aggravation in the future,” Mikel says as he slips in around the front-quarters of the dragon sister.

“Oh ha,” Erick counters then drops his head back to the slab with a grimace.

Aquamarine eyes stay glued to the stone ceiling as his cousin stalks over to stand in silence beside him. Stillness follows for a moment then Erick chances a glance to his right. Mikel stood with arms folded over his chest and a tightly set jaw.

”Don`t look at me like this is the oddest situation you`ve ever found me in!”

“Did this ‘situation’ come about due to a woman?”

“Define woman.”

“You, what?”

“Well does a succubus count as a woman? I mean, they have all the right parts but those wings kind of toss the-“Erick stops when his cousin`s deep growl can be heard.” Are you going to get me free or just stand there with that damned ‘Did someone slip a turd between my slices of rye?’ look on your face?”

The elder Rayvenwing takes a long moment to consider things, then reaches down to tug the snug pins from the cuff tight to the man`s right hand.”You are very seriously indebted to Dante, for it was he who came at Brun`s urging to locate me.”

“Fine, I`ll buy the damn bird some raven chow or something,” Erick mutters pushing up to a sitting position.”What do I owe the dragon out there?”

“There was mention of genitalia but I convinced them to leave you intact, in case a wedding was in the future.”

The left cuff falls from his thick wrist Erick is very pleased to feel. He says nothing as he works on freeing his chafed ankles.

”I hate you,” he hisses slipping from the cold rock to the floor.” What are you doing here anyway? I thought you were forbidden to sully this miserable cesspool of a realm.”

“Let the bastards do what they will .The search is over. We know who tampered with the gates.”

Erick looks up from his sash tying to squint at his cousin in the dark cave.”No shit? Who was it?”

“My father,” Mikel replies then turns his back on his slack-jawed relative. “Now let`s leave this miserable cesspool of a realm and never return.”

“Works for me,” Erick shouts rubbing his right tattooed wrist with his left hand he watches the stoic one leave the cave then catches a large yellow eye peering in at him.”So Merrium how is Deria? Find her a suitable lizard man yet?”

He flings his bulk to the left to hide behind an outcropping of rock when she fills the cave with fire.

“Erick, shut the hell up,” Mikel`s deep voice rides in after the searing blast from the irate older sister.

“Right,” Erick mumbles wondering about a great many things, not the least of which how he should maneuver around Deria`s crabby sister barring the exit.

1 comment: