Sunday, February 14, 2010

Issue # 61-A Shattered Clasp

A Shattered Clasp

*~~~~*

“I`m sure you can find a way Mikel,” Ephra replies as his hand strokes her ankle languidly. “It was you who managed to get the dragon sisters assistance in rescuing Erick, and delaying his impending marriage consultation.”

“True.”

One round log of red oak cracks loudly, startling both with the unexpected sound. The woman cradles her mug tighter, trying to mentally urge the Guardian forward. When he remains quiet while stroking her fine ankle bone she speaks up.

“And what you have to say now IS??”

“Different” he mutters becoming lost in the satin of her skin and the warmth of her flesh as his hand skims over her calf.” You are quite an amazing woman witchlet. You have done more for me than any other female ever has. You have loved me despite all my flaws and have fought alongside me. You have risked all that a woman should not be willing to risk for me. It leaves me humbled and weak.”

“My love for you weakens you?”

“It does,” he answers as his fingers light upon her knee.” I had thought myself hardened to love.”

Wind pounds the mansion, icy pebbles cover the thick panes of glass and the fire throws subtle light to the tomes who listen silently upon their many shelves.

“Then you thought wrong didn`t you Mikel?” the witch asks saucily. She smiles at the look on his handsome face. How his silver eyes crinkle at the corners when he allows the corners of his mouth to hitch for a second.

“Indeed I did,” he comments with humor as he deposits his mug to the long table running parallel to the sofa. His hand lingers on her knee beneath the pelt and the edge of his black silk robe. She releases her toddy to his open hand, and her mug now nestles tightly beside his. “I am not worthy of your love Ephra.”

“I think otherwise,” she responds rolling her shoulders to move the fur from her back. “My coven may kick me out of the inner circle but who cares? All I need is you Mikel, the rest is all unimportant.”

”You should not have to forfeit your family for me Ephra,” he mumbles. Her hand moves to lay over his atop her knee. He finds her gaze intent on him. ”Are you positive of this decision?”

“I will be as soon as you say it.” Now her eyes crinkle at the corners.

“Say what witchling? That you hold my heart tightly? That I worship at your splendid little feet? Or that I love you? Which of those are what you seek to hear?”

“The last,” she sighs over his lips.

“I love you witchling.”

“About time Rayvenwing,” she comments tugging a chuckle from the male.

“I am not one to rush anything. Let me show you,” he growls claiming her honey sweet mouth.




Finis

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I'm surprised to see it end! Will there be a second story around Erick?

    ReplyDelete